Program and strategy evaluation
Evaluation is critical to measuring the effectiveness of marketing programs and improving them. Agralytica has a deep interest in developing evaluative management systems based on our Results-Oriented Management (R-OM) process to improve the performance of not-for-profit organizations and commercial companies.Our evaluation philosophy is based on developing learning that can be used to improve and adjust programs. Effective and successful evaluations:
- Are impartial, balanced, and independent;
- Provide valid and justified conclusions;
- Ensure the credibility of results to relevant audiences;
- Result in useful, pragmatic recommendations and lessons learned; and
- Are legal, ethical, and professional.
We developed the Results-Oriented Management (R-OM) process to help clients engineer their own evaluative market development management systems. R-OM is widely used in the export market development community, both to create strategies and evaluate programs. It is theory based, built upon an analytical framework involving several key components:
- Understanding and analyzing markets;
- Identifying priority constraints and opportunities that our clients can influence;
- Specifying clear and measurable communication objectives, and
- Identifying the most appropriate activities to overcome constraints and/or to capture opportunities.
Project examples include